Food and Recipes
Ideas and Writing
Rules for Being Human
- You will receive a body. You may like it or dislike it, but it will be
yours for the entire duration of this time around.
- You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full time informal
school called life. Each day in this school you will be presented with
opportunities to learn lessons. You may choose to like the lessons or
think them irrelevant or stupid.
- There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is process of
experimentation, of trial and errors. The "failed" experiments are as
much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately "works."
- Each lesson is repeated until it is learned. A lesson is presented to
you in a variety of forms, and as often as needed until you have learned
it. When you have learned it, you then go on to the next lesson.
- Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not
contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
- You are exactly where you need to be. A wished for "there" is no better
than where you are now. When your imagined "there" becomes a "here," you
simply imagine another "there" that will again look better than "here"
- Others are only mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something
about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate
- What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and
resources you need. What you do with them is a matter of your own
- The answer to life's questions lie inside you waiting to be discovered.
All you need to do is listen, hear, and trust.
- From time to time you will tend to forget these rules.